Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hand Printed Paper

For my book project next week I decided to hand print some paper.  So here's my inspiration for you:

I took Pinata Inks, Strathmore drawing paper, a piece of old plexiglass:



The plexiglass doesn't really show up in the photo but its there.

Then I drizzles the ink over the surface of the plexiglass.  It has kind of a water effect.



You do have to make sure you put on enough ink and work fast because the ink has a short drying time.  I also did put on a few drops of retarder to help with the drying process.  

Then just carefully put your paper on top of the ink.  The ink should absorb into paper, so you print both sides at once:



You will also need to make sure the you carefully press on the paper to make sure it absorbs all the way in.



Then you remove it from the plexiglass and let it dry and here's the result:



It's very organic and I think it will look interesting with the Diagonal Pocket Folder book that we are going to make at our meeting Saturday, Oct 12th.

See everyone then!

Quote of the Week:  "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."  - Carl Bard

















1 comment: